Features and Benefits
- 4V to 16V Input Voltage Range
- 0.5V to 5.2V Output Voltage Range
- Resistor Configurable Default VOUT
- Two 3A Bucks (1Φ) or One 6A Buck (2Φ)
- ±0.5% VOUT Accuracy (Default VOUT at 25°C)
- 94% Peak Efficiency (7.6VIN, 3.3VOUT, 1MHz)
- Auto SKIP/PWM and Low-Power Mode
- 98% Max. Duty Cycle Dropout Operation
- Programmable Soft-Start/Stop and Ramp-Up/Down Slew Rates
- Pre-Biased Startup and Active Output Discharge
- Programmable Inductor Peak Current Limits
- 0.5/1.0/1.6MHz Nominal Switching Frequency
- Spread-Spectrum Modulation
- Internal/External Frequency Tracking
- Dedicated EN, POK, and FPWM Pins
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO), Thermal Shutdown, and Short-Circuit Protection
- High-Speed I2C I/F with 3-Slave Address Options
- 30-WLP (2.51mm x 2.31mm) and 24-FC2QFN (3mm x 3mm) Packages
- Less than 55mm2 Total Solution Size
The MAX77540 is a high-efficiency step-down converter with two 3A switching phases. It uses an adaptive COT (constant on-time) current-mode control architecture and the two 3A switching phases can be configured as either one (2Φ, 6A) or two (1Φ, 3A each) outputs. Its wide input voltage range enables a direct conversion for sub-1V outputs from 3-cell Li+ batteries, USB PD, and 12VDC supply rails. The output voltages are preset with resistors and are further adjustable through an I2C-compatible interface. With 94% peak efficiency, low quiescent current, and compact solution size, the MAX77540 is ideal for battery powered, space-constraint equipment.
Programmable switching frequency, frequency tracking, and spread-spectrum allow easier system optimization for noise-sensitive applications. Dedicated EN, POK, and FPWM pins provide options for direct hardware control, while more programmable options, such as soft-start/stop and ramp-up/down slew-rates, are available through I2C. An array of built-in protections insures safe operation under abnormal operating conditions.
- 2/3-Cell Li+ and USB-C Power Delivery Systems
- Audio and Video Equipment
- Microprocessors, field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), digital signal processors (DSPs),andapplication-specific integrated circuits (ASICs)
- Networking and PCIe®/redundant array of inexpensive disks (RAID) Cards
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX77540 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the MAX77540 dual-phase configurable step-down regulator. The board is equipped with test points and jumpers for testing all pins on the device. Two potentiometers allow the user to adjust the SEL1/SEL2 configuration pins at will. There are also probe sockets on critical nodes (VOUTx, LXx) for precise measurements. The board also comes with some spare inductors (L3-L6) for testing out efficiency/performance tradeoffs. The PCB is designed with Maxim Integrated’s recommended layout of the IC and external components. The IC sets default output voltages by way of R13 and R14 but can be changed with the potentiometers or through I2C communication. Maxim Integrated’s graphical user interface (GUI) can be used by connecting a Windows®-based PC to J11 through a MAXUSB_INTERFACE# device.
- 2-cell & 3-cell Li+/Li-ion Systems
- Devices Powered from USB-C Power Delivery (PD)
- DSLR, Mirrorless, and HD Video Cameras
- Embedded Microprocessors, FPGAs, or ASICs
Features & Benefits
- Probe Sockets for High-Accuracy Measurements
- Test Points for all Features (POK, FPWM, EN, and IRQB)
- Default Output Voltage Adjustable through SEL
- Connector for Custom I2C Host
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
EE-Sim® DC-DC Tool
The EE-Sim DC-DC Converter Tool uses your requirements to quickly create a complete power design including a schematic, BOM with commercially available parts, and time and frequency domain simulations. Your customized schematic can be downloaded for further analysis in the standalone EE-Sim OASIS Simulator , featuring SIMPLIS and SIMetrix SPICE engines.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.